Delayed periods, unprotected sex. Negative pregnancy test. History of irregular periods. Chances of pregnancy?

Hi , My periods are always irregular.(between 30 to 40 days). My husband and I had unprtected sex on 30th day. I have not got my period after that. It is 42 days from the first day of my last period. I took a pregnancy test on 37th day, but eas negative. Should I have to check after couple of days again? What is my chance of getting pregnant?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
yes,you should check it after 2weaks of missing period.if negative repeat after one more weak...most of the UPT kits will take about 2 weaks to become possitive...if the third one is negative,no need to worry.