Delayed periods, sharp pain in stomach. Still a virgin. What could the pain, delay be due to?

Okay im 17 and get my period every other month sometimes every other two months but havent got ot yet and I have a period tracker on my phone and says im 16days late. And my stomach has been hurting this past week like a sharp pain like I have to use the batnroom but cant or something like that, and Im a virgin havent been near a boy, I only do finger myself is there a possibility I could be pregnant? If not whats wrong with me?! Please help me im scared to go to the doctor to find out
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013
Hello, well from the history you have given, pregnancy cannot occur without ejaculation of semen. ....Correction of irregular periods is important....Delayed periods can occur due to many causes like stress, commonest cause especially in your age group is polycystic ovarian syndrome, sometimes underlying medical disorders like thyroid also cause delayed periods....Mild pain prior to periods is common, this is due to action of prostaglandins. ..But in case pain is very severe,then you may have to consult your gynaecologist for further evaluation. ..hope i was helpful to you. ....