Delayed periods, only brown spotting. Pregnant ?

Hi I m 23 years old and I was suppose to get my period on sept 9 but I didn t get it.Then on sept 16 I woke up n went to pee and when u wiped it was like a brownish color when I wiped. Then it stopped!!! Then on the 17 I woke up and when I went to the bath room a pinkest blood showed. So I was wondering if this is just my period or could this be that I m having a baby! I have one some and when I had my son I was a week late for my period and I got what I thought was my because it was just like my period but only lasted for three day. then I ended up being prego . So I m wondering if this is what happening now??
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012
In the current scenario, you should get a home pregnancy test with a fresh early morning sample of urine and if pregnancy is confirmed, see a specialist for further management. If pregnant, it is likely that you may have had implantation bleeding and if negative, some breakthrough bleed. Either way, a clinical evaluation and a trans-vaginal sonogram are helpful to plan further management. Please abstain from sexual intercourse until things get clarified since you could also be having a threatened abortion if you are pregnant and in such a case, absolute rest is mandatory until symptoms cease. Hope this helps.