Delayed periods, on Megestrol since a month. Does it affect periods?

I ve been on Megestrol for about a month now everything is fine except my last period was on Dec 9th, in two days it will be a month not having it.. should I be concerned of the fact that I can possibly be pregnant or because I m taking megestrol, its having an effect on my period? I need your advice of what I should do.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Hi, Welcome to Health care magic forum.
Magestrol is a synthetic progesteron like chemical, used ti increase the appitite, and to prevent or treat the breast cacncer, and endomatriosis.It may not cause the absence of periods.
The reason for delay in the period may be anemia,or some thing else. Pregnancy we cant speak of now, any how have the pregnancy test, or H.C.G test for confirmation.
Take more of green leafy vegetables, pulses, sprouts,and
protein rich foods to prevent the anemia.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery. Thank you.