Delayed periods, negative pregnancy test. How long should I wait to get accurate results?

I am 16 days late on my period and I have taken 2 pregnancy test after my period was missed and they were negative. I took another test 2 days ago and still the test was negative. I currently have 5 children and every time I found out I was pregnant I was 3 months. Never took a home pregnancy test to find out about my other children always found out once I went to my doctors appointment. So this is my first time taking a home pregnancy test and really not sure how accurate they are in negative or positive results. I not sure how much longer I should wait before I take another test. Should I just wait until I m about 3 months to take another test?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012