Delayed periods, heavy when it came. Low abdominal cramping. Could I be pregnant ?

Hi, I am 4 days late for my period, but I woke up this morning to very light bleeding . I have never been this last before. Since this morning, the amount of blood has increased. The blood is heavy, but not as heavy as my true period. It is very dark, and I have low abdominal cramping. Is this normal? Could I be pregnant?
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
thankyou for writing to HCM
it will be advisable to meet your gynaecologist and check out if you were pregnant

if bleeding is heavy it will we mandatory to see the doctor, who will do basic test to support the diagnosis to confirm pregnancy

we also need to rule out any other problems which coud be a reason for the delay.
Please do meet a consultant ASAP

dr nandita thakkar