Delayed periods, headaches, cramps, fatigue, light bleeding. Negative pregnancy test. Pregnant?

I was late on my period by 2 days then on the third day which was Saturday I started bleeding , I tested for pregnancy on Friday and the test came back negative I had symptoms such as headaches cramping fatigue feeling sick. I have checked my cervix and it was still closed. The bleeding has stopped now but I don t understand what happened, can I be pregnant?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hi there, as your pregnancy test is negative and you have had bleeding just a day late, it could be your menstural cycle and all the symptoms you did experience can be premenstual syndrome. From the above facts it seems unlikely that you are pregnant so relax. If your symptoms do continue get an abdominal ultrasound done to rule out any other cause. Take care.