Delayed periods, dark brown spotting. Prescribed norcutin. Medication to induce periods?

hai dr..my problem is about my period, my period on 10th oct 2012 for 5 days only.then on november still period not yet.i already cek up by Urine test on 22nd november still negetive, but on 25th november i got spotting blood dark brown colour nly in 3 days. on 13rd december,i go to private clinic and doctor give me norcutin tab 5mg for 1weeks. so norcutin is for period? thank you
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012
Norcutin is Norethisterone, a progestogen that is prescribed to correct irregular menstruation and also when it becomes necessary to induce a period. Your menstrual history is suggestive of a breakthrough bleeding due to hormone imbalance. If there is excess estrogen production in the body, there is endometrial thickening and once the vascular supply to the tissue falls short, there is a breakthrough bleed. Transient imbalances can be corrected by a single course. Else, they may need proper evaluation and treatment. Hope this helps.
OBGYN Dr. Pallavi Vasal's  Response
TABLET NORCUTIN CONTAINS NORETHISTERONE WHICH IS USED TO INDUCE PERIODS. YOU WILL HAVE YOUR PERIODS IN A WEEK AFTER STOPPING THE TABLET.