Delayed periods cycle. HCG test negative for pregnancy. Causes for delay?

Hai, I am 31 yr old woman , my last mensuration date was 01 Dec 12. It generally get delayed for 07 days. But this month I have not get periods till 11 Jan 13. I have done HCG test which showed negative pregnancy. What might be reason for this delay ..? Maximum how much time it may be delayed ? Please help me with the answer....
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013
The delay in periods with a negative pregnancy test can be due to hormonal imbalance, PCOD, stress, anxiety, sudden exercise or a change in the diet, etc. You can wait for 2 weeks before starting the treatment.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,