Delayed period, negative pregnancy test, mild cramps, no pregnancy signs. Cause of delay?

my last period was 16th sept. im not on any contraception but after 4 negative pregnancy tests . i cannot figure out why my period is late. ive had mild cramps as though period is coming but it never shows. that lasted 2 weeks and now i feel nothing. no nausea no cramps no tender breasts. ive never missed a period. do you know what could cause this?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Mar 2015
Hi dear, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.Delayed periods can be due to pregnancy, stress or hormonal disturbances like hypothyroidism, hyperprolactinemia or polycystic ovarian disease.
If the repeated urine pregnancy test is negative, then the pregnancy is ruled out.
I suggest you to get your hormonal profile done including thyroid function test, prolactin levels and an ultrasound done to confirm the diagnosis.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma