Delayed period, had sex, bloated and hard stomach. Normal?

hi, i had sex on the 2nd of sept this year the day I finished my period, and its a month now since. I took the MAP less then 12 hours after. my period was due yesterday and it hasnt come yet although i know it can be delayed, my stomach is slightly bloated and hard to press? I am going to wait 4 more days from today till i see a doctor if my period has not come. Just curious if this is normal.. Ciara
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012
The period when you had the intercourse is safe assuming that you have regular 28-30 day cycles. This delay in the period can be caused by stress along with several other causes like transient hormone disturbances, infections of the genito-urinary tract, general infections, certain medications and so on. Your symptoms could be premenstrual. You can get a home pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy, 3-7 days after the missed period. A test soon after a missed period may not read well. You can also get a blood test for pregnancy to be more conclusive. Hope this helps.