Delayed period, had scanty flow followed by spotting post protected sex. Pregnant?

Hi, I have question about late periods. My girlfriend hasent gotten her period for at least 5 dayz, we had sex a month ago(we used protection) since dat time, she had her period for only 3 days and after she started 2 pee a little bit of blood . It lasted about for a couple of dayz then it went away. And now she hasent gotten her period, im just realy worried she might be pregnant. Can you tel me what is wrong with her ?
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
Radiologist 's  Response
Apr 2014
Thanks for writing to HCM

Period may be delayed some time even in ladies who have history of regular periods,but if you have doubt ,she should go for urine pregnancy test.
Urine pregnancy test depend upon hCG hormone in urine which is excreted only after fertilization of ovum.
Generally,Urine pregnancy test is done after missed period for confirmation of pregnancy,but Ultrasound of pelvis is the investigation of choice for confirmation of pregnancy.It can detect G-sac earliest.

Hope i have answered your query.
Take Care
Dr.Indu Bhushan