Delayed period, had mid-cycle spotting, negative pregnancy test. What could be the cause?

Hi I am 2 days late for my period. I normally can get my period early, but am never on the late side. My first day for my last period was June 27th, 2012. @ days ago I saw a very very light brown when I wiped, almost not there. Then the nest day very light spotting, only if I wipe, and today the same thing. No period. I am sure I am at least 2 days late. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative.
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012
In my opinion you should wait for at least 7 days before you go for your home urine pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy.
So wait for 4-5 days and repeat your pregnancy test.
After your test result you can consult me again.
Good luck.