Delay in periods, pregnancy symptoms, negative hpt, had mid-cycle spotting. Pregnancy sign?

Hi i am very confused i an 12 days late for my monthly and and experiencing a lot of pregnancy symptoms . I have taken about 6 hpt and all are negative . The thing that is stumping me is I had spotting about two weeks before my expected period. And the same thing happened to me with my son but when I took the first test it showed up positive with him. A few people have said that I am probably expecting and that is could b a girl that my hormones are hiding the hormones needed to show on a hpt any advising would b realllllyyyy appreciated .. also I have been ttc for 17 months
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
If your past cycles have been regular, your HPT after 12 days of missed period should be positive. your spotting corresponds to the ovulation time. It could either be an ordinary mid-ovulation spotting or implantation bleeding. I advice you to consult an obstetrician for a checkup and a sonogram, as there is a possibility of an unhealthy pregnancy. Take care.