Delay in periods, negative pregnancy test, prescribed Duphaston. Should I wait for a week?

Good evening, I m 10 days delayed and i made some PT and it was negative. 3 days ago (7 days delayed) i went to my OB and tell her my situation and she done the BHCG but it was negative. She gave me the prescription to take duphaston 3 times a day for 5 days. should i wait for one week more and do the test again? coz i was supposed to have my period on 18 of june. But it s only a discharge of very light blood and nothing follows. then on the 22 there s a very very light blood again. after that no blood occurs.
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
In my opinion as your urine pregnancy test is negative get a pelvic ultrasonography because it can be an early pregnancy or worse ectopic tubal pregnancy and then visit a gynecologist with reports
In case you have further questions you can consult me on health care magic forum and i will be happy to help
Take care and wish you all the best.
Dr Manisha Jain