Delay in periods after using injectables and pills. UPT negative. Cause for delay? married and im using injectables for almost 2years(sept 2010-may2012) and after injectables i tried pills for 1 month.after which i stop then i got menstratuation for june 2012 and my last was on delayed already for 3 months until now.could you help me why im delayed for 3 months since i did pregnancy test it was negative.thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.
One of the most common side effect of injectables is prolonged absence of periods.
You need not worry .
You will have your regular periods once you stop the injectables.
If you are planning to conceive in near future better to use OC Pills instead of injectables. Because one of the rare side effect of injectable is permanent Ammenorrea.
Hope this helps.
Dr Nilofer