Degenerative changes of the disc with bulging, mild facet joint hypertrophy. On treatment for femoral nerve pain. What is the treatment?

My MRI report, among other things, states: At L2L3 mild degenerative changes of the disc with early bulging. There is a focal extruded disc fragment migrated inferiorly from a left posterolateral disc herniation. The disc fragment has migrated inferiorly by at least 15mm extending all the way to the left side of the middle third of the L3 vertebral body. This impinges significantly the left anterior aspect of the thecal sac . This fragment measures bout8.3mm in AP diameter x about 13mm in transverse x 16mm in cephalocaudal. The foramina remain patent. Very mild facet joint hypertrophy . My Doctor has been sent my report today. Currently he is treating me for continuous femeral nerve pain . What can be done for this and could this condition be affecting the femeral nerve? Thanks. Terry.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013