Deep big hole in teeth, gums beneath tooth visible. Pain and bleeding when food stucks.Will operation hurt?

I ve had this fairly large hole in the back side of one of my back teeth for over a year. It s gotten a little bigger over time and used to get sore once in a while, but I almost never feel any pain from it unless something gets deep inside it. It s large enough that some of my gums below the tooth are exposed. I only chew on my right side because sometimes food gets caught in the hole and I get it out asap. It only seems to bleed if it gets poked, and it s not a lot. It s really annoying and honestly very embarrasing, but I ve had some horrifying experiences at the dentist and I m so afraid to go. I know it is something that I need to do and will be a huge relief but I m not sure what to expect , the operation gonna hurt much ??!! T_T
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jun 2012