Debilitating pain in lower back, back cracking relieves the pain. Long term effect of cracking, treatment?

Every now and again I get debilitating pain in my lower back / spine that my doctor doesn t grasp. The pain catches me off guard and stops me from moving. As soon as this happens I lay on my back, with my feet flat on the floor and ensure my back is stretched out and flat. By doing this and rocking my hips, my lower back cracks and the pain in releved. I m concerned what long term effect this cracking my have and what is causing the problem. any advice would be gratefully received. many thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012