Dark spotting, delayed periods. Taking meprate, progynova. Laproscopy done. Pregnant?

hello SIr/Madam, my wife is aged about 30 years and undergone laproscopy surgery in jan 2011.we r consulting the doctor regularly.Recently doctor has give meprate and progynova tabs for my wife and asked to take from 19th day from the peroid for ten days.Tablets were completed 10 days back still she has not the period.So,is facing with dark spotting since two it a symptom of pregnancy or not.shall we go for the pregnancy test .
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012
hi welcome to hcm.see if after complete the course its over 10 days so u have to test for pregnancy .spotting may be because of pregnancy or due to periods will come .so to clear the doubt you do pregnancy test.if it negative then concern your doc and do acc to them advice.