Dark spots inside vagina lips, swollen, irritated, on birth control. Treatment?

I have small dark spots on the inside lips of my vagina in just one area, it feels irritated and may be slightly swollen. Should I be worried, I m 20 yrs old and sexually active on birth control .
Asked On : Tue, 20 Mar 2012
Thank you for choosing Healthcaremagic. As you are sexually active, you need local evaluation to rule out any Sexually transmitted disease, kindly visit your dcotor for examination and treatment. You might even require a VAGINAL SWAB for exact diagnosis and treatment.
Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your LIKE my answer so that I receive points, also kindly rate and review my answers. Good luck!!