Dark red spotting and brown discharge. Took pregnancy test, negative. What should I do?

hi my last cycle came May 7th 2012 ending on may 8th 2012 four days later had brownish red discharge on the 12th of may and a dark red spotting yesterday the 13th only when i wipe after using the restroom and then today i had a little red again when i wiped it was light pink and now just two hours later there is nothing i took a pregnancy test on the 9th and got neg. result what do you think is going on or what should i do
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012
The mild irregular spotting and bleeding that you are having could be due to a hormonal disturbance or due to passage of the left over blood in the uterine cavity after the periods. You can wait for it to stop spontaneously in 5-7 days.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Rakhi Tayal