Dark purple almost black circular on inner thigh of 7 years old baby, small yellowish centre, slight swelling

I have just noticed a dark purple almost black circular mark on my 7 year old daughters inner thigh that looks like a bruise . It has a small yellowish center - also circular which almost gives the appearance of a bite.The size is a little smaller than a dime and is totally non tender to the touch although I may detect a slight swelling . I am mystified and alarmed at the color, and after 2 hours of searching have not found anything that looks or sounds similar. I would appreciate any insights you may have - Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Wed, 16 May 2012