Dark, painful, inflamed cheeks with fungus. Prescribed oxistat cream. Advise?

I went to the Dermatologist a day ago and she gave me oxistat cream 2g. She checked my face and said I had a fungus on the face with some thickening. The areas were on both cheeks. Well the problem I have with the medicine and the diagnose is that she didn't tell me what type of fungus it was. The places on my face are dark, plainful, and inflammed. I can't go without putting makeup on because the places are so awful looking. My question: the medicine that she gave to me-is it going to help my problem?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013