Dark brown fibrous strand discharge between periods, no pain during sex, no foul odor. Concerned

I am a 40 year old female. I take very good care of my feminine health. In the last couple of months I have had less time between full periods and in between I have experienced dark brown, fibrous strands when I wash.They seem more like tissue than blood . I semi douche with warm water to clean these out... they do not go away. I maybe have one to two days a month now with no issues. It is concerning. I have no pain with intercourse and no foul odor. It is confusing.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012
Well come to HCM
Because of your age such symptoms would be start happening because of the menopause and you need to be cool and clamp, some time such symptoms disturbs like anything but this is nothing to worry and the episode soon overs, hope this helps.