Damaged fingernail bed, bleeds while trimming. What can be done to remove it and never grow back?

I have a damaged finernail bed. Since I was a child, I have a fingernail that is split and past of it grows out from under the fingernail bed. When I trim it, if cut to short, it bleeds . Over the years, I have tried to remove the portion that grows at an angle from the side of the bed to no avail. I ve lived with it for over 45 years. I m tired of messing with it. Is there something that can be done to remove it and never grow back?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013