Cyst on vagina, red, swollen, filled with blood, pus. Used heat, turning white. Treatment?

I have a cyst under skin on vagina , located to the side of the clitoris. It has been there under skin for 2 years. Gyn/Ob said no need to remove unless it bothered me. Well it started hurting 3 days ago. The first day they got me in to see that Dr. He said that I needed to have it removed and I am seeing him Friday at 10am. BUT....this area has gotten red & swollen and very painful. I added heat last night and this morning there was a dark blue circle in middle. Looked like blood . As day went on it turned white in middle. Out of nowhere it started leaking liquid. Clearish in color with a tint Of pink or yellow. Hard to tell. Looks like its a boil??? That s developed on top of this long term cyst. What do you think it is???? This really worries me
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012
Thank you for the question. Here are my thoughts:

What you are describing is very much like a boil. There are many glands around the vagina that can sometimes get clogged. These are inclusion cysts. Also, these collections of fluid can get infected. When this occurs, there is redness, pain and eventually drainage. You definitely need to get this checked out as soon as possible as it can turn into a larger infection, called a vulvar abscess. It needs to be drained and you might need antibiotics.

I hope that this helps and good luck!

Dr. Raichle