Cyst in ovary, dominant follicles, trying to conceive. What is the function of susten 200?

hi i am housewife. my age is 31yrs. we have no baby. few months ago i missed my period and test home pregnency test card and result is possitive. then i went to a doctor. but suddenly my periods start and very light is colour and just stay 1 day. then doctor suggest me ultra sonography. i done ultra sond test and result is cyst in right ovary . then doctor suggest me for tvs test. i done that test and the result is two dominant follicles. then doctor prescribe me to take susten 200 tablets for 10 days. i take the tablet. my question is what is the functon of the susten 200 in case of dominant follicles. please answer me.this my query and this my symptoms
Asked On : Mon, 19 Mar 2012
hi..congratulations and welcome to motherhood. If the pregnancy test card shows positive..then it is considered positive. the bleeding which you had for one day is not periods. it is spotting which commonly occurs in early pregnancy. But it could also be a sign of threatened abortion. so you were prescribed Susten 200. it is progesterone(hormone) which will help to maintain pregnancy. cysts are commonly seen in many women. nothing to bother. meanwhile, you take adequate rest, nutritious food, folic acid tablets and have regular check up done. All the best.