Cyst in head. Diagnosed proteus mirabilis bacteria. Crohn's disease flared up. Prescribed medication. Serious?

My son has a cyst on his head that grow fast and large (egg sized). He had it lanced last week at a walk-in clinic and they did a biopsy . The biopsy came back as a proteus mirabilis bacteria. He has crohn s disease that has recently flared up again too. They prescribed him antibiotics for the infection and steriods for his crohn s. They said he needs to be seen by a doctor for follow-up for this bacteria as it could attack his organs. He currently does not have insurance. He started a new job and his insurance does not kick in until March. He wants to wait until March when his insurance kicks in and I want him to schedule an appointment now. I need to know how serious this is and if it is risky for him to wait until March for insurance. I certainly understand the risks with crohn s disease but specifically I am asking about this bacterial infection in his bloodstream.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013