Cut vulva when shaving, sore. Anything to alleviate the discomfort?

Hi I m 27 years old, and I nicked the inside of my vulva a few days ago while shaving. The area around the cut is now inflamed (around the size of a chick pea) and quite sore. The site of the cut now looks something like a canker sore. I m married, and the irritation is at the exact site of the cut, so it is unlikely that this is an STD . Is there anything I can do to alleviate the discomfort, and should I be worried about infection?
Asked On : Wed, 19 Sep 2012