Cut the cord in half while using an electric trimmer, heaviness in left arm from shoulder to elbow. Reasons ?

I was using an electric trimmer today and I cut the cord in half. I didn t feel a shock but I did immediately feel a heaviness in my left arm from the shoulder to the elbow . This was at least 5 hrs ago and it is still aching in my elbow and arm. A constant ache. Is this from a possible shock or just maybe aching from not being use to using my arm in this manner.It is very painful.
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012
The constant ache and heaviness in your arm is likely to be due to a nerve injury due to an electric shock. The muscle stiffness due to prolonged abnormal posture can also cause the pain. You need to give adequate rest to your arm as most of the times such mild symptoms do recover spontaneously in 3-4 days.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal