Cut on leg, stitches, redness under skin, pus formation. Treatment?

I just recently cut my leg and had to get about 6 stitches, about 3 days later my stitches came undone. The wound was pretty much healed by than but i noticed a redness under the skin. I took a sterilized needle and poked through my skin and a lot of puss came out. I dont have insurance and i don t want to do another visit to the ER, so I was hoping you could let me know what the best treatment would be for it, that i could do myself.
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012
Thanks for query,
Just remove stitches.
Give passage to pus.
clean the wound & remove all debris.
Make it to bleed frank blood & then dress it with antibiotic cream.
Dress it for at least 7-9 days.
Take mild anti inflammatory medicine.