Cured SSC, HPV in neck lymph nodes. Possibility of relapse, duration the virus stay in body?

My husband had SSC with HPV in his lymph nodes in his neck . They have been removed and there is no sign of cancer anywhere else. My questions are: How long does the virus stay in your body? (could he have had it for 25 plus years?), could he have contracted it from me even though I have not had any symptoms? would he still have the virus in his body? If so, is cancer likely to recur? am I at a higher risk of cancer myself now? Thankyou
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012