Cramps with heavy bleeding, not breast feeding, on Levora birth control pill post partum. Is this normal?

I am 5 weeks and 4 days postpartum. I am not breastfeeding , am currently on Levora birth control pill and had stopped bleeding mostly at 3 weeks besides the occasional spotting. Today I was out and about with my 2 small kids and was carrying the car seat with my infant in it. I noticed when I got home that I was feeling crampy and when I went to the bathroom there was a good amount of bright red blood when I wiped and it has been like that now for a couple of hours. Is this normal? Could it be because I over exerted myself? I did have a hemmorhage right after I gave birth and am scared to have another one.
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012