Could not move until test implant of nerve stimulator. Now on zovirax. Correct treatment?

I had 2nd surgery March 2013 (L4 - S1). I felt great 2 + weeks, then went into 10+ pain, with ER admit. I could not move. This contined until I had some relief with nerve blocks (7) and test implant of nerve stimulator. Permanent placement followed 6 weeks ago. Spending this time adjusting stimulator and having less anxiety. This last MD visit I was started on zovirax. Day 3 I was feeling feeling a multitude areas of relief, including the pain.
Question -- is this treatment realistic?

Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013