Cough with phlegm, burning sensation in throat. Taking gaviscon. History of asthma. Treatment?

My daughter has been coughing up phlegm for a month now,we have seen our gp four times and she says her chest is clear! Also she has been getting pains in her left side which can last upto 3hrs,my doctor says it s growing pains. She also gets a burning sensation in her throat and says she can t breath properly when this happens,my doctor has given her gaviscon for this. My daughter has asthma and was a premature baby that was born 14wks early weighing 1lb 15oz. I m worried something is wrong and the doctor isn t picking up on this
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012