Cough, thick mucus, sore ribs, fractured vertebrae. Help?

coughing up very thick mucus every time I lay down, at night it s awful or standing for more then half hour my throat is full of this thick white mucus that I have to spit out. At night I spit up jelly or tapiocas like balls with white mucus. My right side of ribs is very sore. This is been going on for more then a year. I fractured 6 vertebreas by compression in the past year. 4 L spine , 2 t spine, oh!! and one rid ( I think more) Any kind of answers would be appreciated. Excuse my English I m french. Regards L.R.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
The tick mucus and the cough that you are having is not likely to be related to the ribs that were fractured. It seems that you are having an infection in the airways which needs systemic antibiotics to take care of.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal