Cough, runny nose, fever, mucous in throat, chills. Viral infection? OTC medicines?

Hi, I have been sick for about a week now. At first it was just a little cough , now I have a runny nose and got a fever last night. Now I have mucus in my throat. I have been draining though the last two days and instead of heat flashes I ve been getting chills. I took my son in and he had bronchitis . I know it s not contagious, but is there a virus linked to it that I would now have? If so what are good over the counter meds to take?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013