Cough and fever. Ha maxillary sinus pressure and some nasal congestion. Further?

For almost four weeks I have had upper respiratory symptoms. It started with a cough and low grade (99.6) fever and maxillary sinus pressure and some nasal congestion for 6 days. The doctor said it was a virus. Then I began coughing a little blood (bright red, streaked with mucus ) without fever and I had a sore throat . The doctor prescribed Zithromax . The symptoms lessened, although a few days ago I first noticed conjunctivitis (slight, one eye), then increased coughing -- first with clear fluid, then somewhat discolored mucus -- along with cold-type nasal congestion, low-grade fever again (99.5), and now sore gland (not visibly swollen) on side of neck. It feels very much like a cold, and I wonder if these could be two (or more) distinct viruses. I don t think the antibiotic did any good, really, that the condition started to improve on its own, indicating that it was viral, and now I feel I have usual cold symptoms except I usually don t get the conjunctivitis or the sore gland with a cold. Could it be mono with a very stuffy nose? Would a third visitor to the doctor be helpful?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012