Cooked potato with plastic covered in the microwave. Plastic had melted. Ate the potato. Will I get sick?

hi, I recently ate jacket potato which i cooked in the microwave. i turned my microwave into its oven function and then put a plastic cover on top. when i turned off the microwave the potatoes were cooked, however the cover had melted and was visible around the sides. Is this a problem, will i be ill, or maybe worse. I feel fine for now, and i ate the food around 7 hours ago. thanks in advance
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

The incident took place 7 hours ago and by now it would be minimum 15 hours. Therefore there will not be any problem. It is not the plastic but melted or heated plastic is dangerous. But our stomach and digestive system is so powerful that it knows how to tackle things which it cannot digest. Hope the debris will go out of your body through evacuation,

But don't make such mistakes again. You knew the plastic had melted.
Good luck