Continuous vomiting, nausea on eating or drinking, triggers with soda. Diagnosed to be cyclic vomiting syndrome. Could it be allergy?

Hi there, I have been going through cycles of vomitting and nausea for over 4 years now. I have been to the gastro , had a series of tests done (gastic emptying test, ct scans, ultrasounds, upper GI) and nothing showed up. The gasto doctor said perhaps it was cyclic vomitting syndrome but that he didnt know. I get nauseous when I eat or drink to the point where I have to throw up to subdue the feeling. I will usually throw up several several times once it starts. It happens every few weeks, and then goes away for a couple weeks. I havent see any patterns with diet , although recently drinking sodas has been making me nausous. I was wondering if my symptoms could be attributed to an allergy of some kind?
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012