Continuous oozing near the tooth with crown and on pressing the gum, no pain. Not done root canal. What is the cause?

I had a crown put on a tooth two years ago and now there is puss coming out around that tooth when I press on the gum below. There is not pain or anything else alarming. The dentist did NOT do a root canal as it was a missing filling and had no pain or sensitivity to air or water at the time. Again, the tooth is still not giving me any pain or other symptoms other than the puss every morning. Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 26 Oct 2012