Continuous cold, cough, worsens at night, taken medicines. How can I get rid of it?

Hi. My name is Jennifer. I have had a cold for about a month now. The sniffles aren t too bad. But the cough is still there and it always gets worst in the middle of the night around 3AM. I wonder what causes this to happen? I have tried to drink cough medicine and cold & flu tablets, and even Amoxicillin as antibiotics but it only just calms it down for awhile but the cold doesn t really go away. What should I do? I am tired of coughing like this every night.
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012