Continuous blocking feeling in ear, no pain, ear drum pops in and out after burping. Cause?

i have a blocking sensation in my right ear. there is no pain. whenever i burp i feel the ear drum goes in and comes out as it is popping. what might have caused this? We have winter over here now. this has been there for more than 3 weeks now. I consulted GP and he said there is no visible block or infection. he also directed me to the audiologist to check hearing and that too is normal. this is very annoying. I also had a colleague with throat infection and he passed that on to me. but i didnt have it for long. i suspect whether it has anything to do with this.
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012