Continuous bleeding since Mirena insertion with sharp pain below belly button, tender and painful ribs. Should I get rid of it?

I had the Mirena IUD inserted 4 weeks ago. Since then, I have not stopped bleeding. I have a sharp downward shooting pain that starts right below my belly button. I also have lower back pain , both medial and lateral of my spine . The pain appears to be worse on the left side however. In addition, the ribs on my left side are tender and painful to touch. My OB/GYN suggested the IUD b/c I have been on Nuvaring for 5 years and had debilitating migraines for the past 3 years. Since the Mirena, the headache has switched from the right side of my head to the left. Is it time to consider removing the IUD?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012