Continued abdominal pain with inflammation of rib cage. What could be the possible treatment ?

continued abdominal pain , sometimes headaches, can't lay on left side when sleeping. i have a gripping pain under my left rib. if i bend over it feels like somebody yanking my rib. i can t sleep on my left side. i went to my dr she ordered xrays and she said i had inflammation of the rib cage and she gave my some tablets to take and told me to put heat on it. i don t think it s working i m still on pain after a week and this pain has been going on for weeks. i have noticed other symptoms since last week but i m not sure if it is related. i have pain in my groin, and i noticed a little swelling in the back of my left leg. i m on thyroid meds so my anxiety is very high. i also have had pressure in my head but that also could be the weather changing. one minute all the pain is gone the next i m acking all over.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Feb 2011