Consumed a mixture of crocin and fruit juice, admitted in icu. Liver problem diagnosed. Recommendations?

my friend recently took 30 tablets of 500 mg crocin advance with fruit juice, she powdered it and mixed with the juice and consumed it, however she tells so, and she has been in icu after 3 days and just now slowly recovering after 4 weeks..what actually happened to her? is the doctors told correctly that she had a serious liver problem or else are they just acting...i dont mean to hurt any doctors here,i knew doctors are very precious..only thing i wanna ask is what actually might have happened to her?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013