Constant weight gain. Eating healthy and exercising. Undergone hysterectomy and on patch for hormones. How to reduce weight?

I had to have a small bowel restructure one year ago. I had a cyst that had crushed my intestines. I have done very well since but I have gained almost 40 pounds. I am watching what I am eating and excersizing regularly but still seem to be gaining. I had went through a hysterectomy in 2007 and have been on the patch for hormones -that is the only thing that i can think of that I have started in the last year. is there some thing else I can do?
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012