Constant sore throat, started with small fibrous growth on tonsils followed by more growths extending into esophagus. What could it be?

Constant sore throat few months now... First small fibrous growth on one tonsil . Followed by more and continued growths and smaller bumps appearing on back and side of tongue where attaches next to same tonsil with fibrous growth. Sore throat extending farther into esophagus . Until 3 years back night sweats were all too common, though have not experienced any since. Any thoughts? Have already been to ENT who says to watch and return for check in month. Likely seeking second ENT opinion soon. First time to doctor in 20 years... I know my body and it is telling me continually that this should be of serious concern and attention.
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012