Constant pain, tightness and pressure due to scoliosis. How to treat it and relieve from pain?

hi my name is Matt, i have been struggling with back pain ever since i was about 14 (now i am 21). i never paid it much attention, i was a very stubborn and strong willed individual. well it got progressively worse to the point i couldn t take it anymore, and i wanted to get it checked out. that was a year ago, i went to a chiropractor and they took an x-ray . i found out then that i have scoliosis . they did some treatments but to no avail. so i dealt with it being the stubborn person that i am. about 3 months ago the pain came back, and has not went away. now when i say pain, i mean it is a constant aching pain and it feels very tight and alot of pressure on it, not to add that when i bend and sometimes twist my lower back will lock up on me.i cannot move no matter how hard i try. and it can range in duration anywhere from 1 minute to about 20 mins. it just happened to me about 30 mins ago. i see a orthopedic Dr on the 11th, but im not sure if he will do anything for me or not. can you help me out and tell me possibly what could be going on and why my back locks up and why it has lasted so long. as well as how i can get better. no exercises though i tried that last night and it only irritated it even more. thank you for you time.
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012